Peter's Laws31 Jul 2015
Walking through Chicago’s Museum of Science and Industry, I ran across an inspiring list of rules titled “Peter’s Laws”. Peter Diamandis is Chairman and CEO of the X PRIZE Foundation, best known for its $10 million Ansari X PRIZE for private spaceflight.
- If anything can go wrong, Fix It! (To hell with Murphy!)
- When given a choice-Take Both!
- Multiple projects lead to multiple successes.
- Start at the top then work your way up.
- Do it by the book....but be the author!
- When forced to compromise, ask for more.
- If you can't beat them, join them, then beat them.
- If it's worth doing, it's got to be done right now.
- If you can't win, change the rules.
- If you can't change the rules, then ignore them.
- Perfection is not optional.
- When faced without a challenge, make one.
- "No" simply means begin again at one level higher.
- Don't walk when you can run.
- Bureaucracy is a challenge to be conquered with a righteous attitude, a tolerance for stupidity, and a bulldozer when necessary.
- When in doubt: THINK!
- Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing.
- The squeaky wheel gets replaced.
- The faster you move, the slower time passes, the longer you live.
True, some of the “Laws” are over-the-top! My favorite from the list: #1. An excellent way to deal with obstacles.