Wanted: Community Manager30 Jul 2014
WisdomGroup is hiring a Community Manager (CM) to help run our user groups and conferences. This is a part-time independent contractor position, mostly remote, with some on-site work during meetings and conferences. The position could become full-time depending on results produced and community growth.
Smart People, Growing Together
Our community philosophy:
When smart people challenge each other to grow, great things happen.
Our community track record is covered in the article How to Grow a User Group.
The CM will be responsible for the following:
- Managing social media feeds (like Twitter) for our groups and events.
- Writing blog posts that promote our groups and events.
- Interacting with group members through multiple channels: Face-to-face, online video conference, social media, and email.
- Helping WisdomGroup to determine the best way to deliver value for group members.
The ideal candidate will fit the following description:
- Self Starter - Works remotely to produce outstanding results with minimal supervision. Runs through walls to get things done.
- Team Player - Works well with other members of the WisdomGroup team. Shares information with team members via Basecamp and other collaboration tools.
- Strategic Thinker - Understands how the CM position fits into WisdomGroup’s big picture. Demonstrates understanding by personally taking action where needed.
- Aggressive Learner - Currently uses social media tools like Twitter and Facebook. Learns and creates new ways to engage the community with social media tools.
To learn more about WisdomGroup, visit:
- WisdomGroup.com - company website.
- ChicagoRuby.org and LinuxBarbados.org - user group sites.
- WindyCityRails.org and RubyCaribe.com - conference sites.
- RayHightower.com - president’s personal blog.
To apply for the position, email a PDF of your resume to email@example.com, and include the words “Community Manager” in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you.